Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For the love of books

As a lover of books, I have been anxiously awaiting the day when Pearl professes that she has found a wonderful book that she can't put down; I imagine this opening the door to indepth book discussions, me sharing the books I loved at her age, etc. etc. So, the other day I was SOOO happy to see Pearl and Evelyn with a big stack of books!! I figured they were going to snuggle in together, reading through their stack. Well, this is what I found a bit later on my kitchen floor:




Snuggled up together reading books? Nope, they were creating a ranch with the books acting as different pastures...guess I'll keep waiting.



In other news, here's the view out my living room window today. We are thankful for the moisture, but I am ready for some rain!!






3 comments:

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Looks like the pasture "rotations" we used to have on our living room floor, for weeks on end!

Gosh those paper dolls took me back!

I'll send some of our moisture your way, we have too much!

Tami said...

Yes, this ranch is set up in the kitchen right in front of my sink and refrigerator, very handy. I have a feeling they'll be relocating here soon...

We'd love some rain, your posts of seed planting and greenhouses are giving me spring fever! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love their creativity?!
Can't wait to see you guys at the big event this weekend!!
Hope everyone is feeling better!!